Meeting Christ in Prayer
Location: Parish House
MEETING CHRIST IN PRAYER
Tuesday Mornings, October 6th – December 2nd*, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Wednesday Evenings, October 7th – December 2nd*, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
*Note: Both sessions will conclude at the evening meeting on Wednesday, December 2nd
MEETING CHRIST IN PRAYER is an interactive eight-week guided prayer experience for small groups. Based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola, it introduces participants to various ways of praying and provides an opportunity to support one another through faith sharing.
Who can participate?
The program is designed to serve many groups of people:
• Those with little experience in praying
• Those who are hungry for a deeper spiritual life
• Those who are seeking spiritual renewal
• Those looking to form regular prayer habits or new ways of praying
• Those who desire the support of a community of faith
• Those who want to be more aware of God’s presence in daily life
What does it offer?
MEETING CHRIST IN PRAYER combines 8 weekly group meetings with daily prayer and reflection exercises that are completed individually between each gathering. Weekly meetings are 90 minutes in length and include group prayer, guided meditation, small group faith sharing, and an orientation for the following week’s prayer or prayer techniques. The cost of the program is a sliding scale from $30-$50 and covers all materials. Scholarships are available.