Meeting Christ in Prayer
Location: Parish House
• Tuesday Mornings, February 7th – March 29th*, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
• Wednesday Evenings, February 8th – March 29th*, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
*Note: Both sessions will conclude at the evening meeting on Wednesday, March 29th.
MEETING CHRIST IN PRAYER is an interactive 8-week guided prayer experience for small groups. Based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, it introduces participants to various ways of praying and provides an opportunity to support one another through faith sharing..
Who can participate?
Meeting Christ in Prayer is suitable for:
• People with little or no experience in praying
• People who are hungry for a deeper spiritual life
• People seeking spiritual renewal or a deeper experience of their faith
• People looking to form regular prayer habits or try new ways of praying
• People who desire the support of others
• People who want to become aware of God’s presence in their daily lives
What does it offer?
• The program combines 8 weekly small group meetings with daily prayer and reflection exercises.
• The weekly meetings are 90 minutes long and include group prayer, guided meditation, sharing and reflection, and an orientation to prayer techniques and to the next week’s Bible passages.
• The daily prayer involves a brief prayer in the morning and evening and a period of personal prayer of 20 to 30 minutes length at a time you choose during the day.
What is your commitment?
• Consistent participation in the meetings, only missing a meeting in the case of dire emergency.
• Commitment to the daily prayer program.
• The cost of the program is a sliding scale of $30-$50 and covers all materials. Scholarships are available.