Lay Ministers’ Enrichment
A time for prayer, learning, and fellowship to deepen the faith of the St. Ignatius community.
Lay Ministers’ Enrichment is a series of day-long programs designed by lay ministers and parish staff to provide opportunities for lay ministers to explore their faith and call to ministry. In the tradition of St. Ignatius Loyola, Lay Ministers’ Enrichment seeks to build up the Body of Christ and strengthen the parish community by nourishing the spiritual lives of lay ministers, expanding lay ministers’ understanding of the theological foundations of their faith and ministries, and assisting lay ministers in integrating the Gospel’s call to discipleship into their daily lives.
Outstanding presenters from the staff of St. Ignatius Loyola and other religious or academic backgrounds lead each Saturday program.
The day typically begins with a continental breakfast at 9:30 AM in Wallace Hall. Programs generally include presentations by the day’s speaker, time for private prayer, small-group faith sharing, and question-and-answer time with the presenter.
Lunch is served between the morning and afternoon sessions.The program ends, usually with Mass, at about 3:00 PM.
All lay ministers at St Ignatius are invited to participate in the Lay Ministers’ Enrichment program. Lay ministers may attend any or all of the three programs offered during the academic year. While there is no cost to participate, attendees are invited to make a free will offering. If you have questions, please contact the leader or coordinator of your ministry.
LAY MINISTERS INCLUDE:
• Boomers & Beyond Leaders
• Choir members, liturgical dancers, and other music ministers
• Emmaus Bereavement ministers
• Eucharistic ministers
• Development committee members
• Hospitality ministers
• Ignatian 40s leaders
• Ignatian Social Justice members
• Ignatian Young Adults leaders
• Interparish Religious Education Program (IREP) teachers
• Compassionate Care ministers
• Ranger Rosary members
• RCIA leaders
• St. Vincent de Paul members
Topics of the 2010-2011 day-long programs were:
• Jesus’ Ministry and Yours
• Baptism, Confirmation … Then What?
• The Power of Liturgy: in Your Life, in Your Church, in Your Ministry
Topics of the 2011-2012 day-long programs were:
• Your Call: To God, To Church, To Ministry
• Living Our Vocations: God’s Will, Our Desires
• Presence is Abundance - Engaging Life’s Conversations
Topics of the 2012-2013 day long programs have been/will be:
• COMPASSION: Facing Challenges in Life, Church, and Ministry
• The Power of Invitation: Friendship with Christ in Ministry
• Our Sacred Story Nestled in the Ordinary
Upcoming Lay Ministers’ Enrichment programs are announced on the St. Ignatius website, in the Sunday bulletin, and via email to all lay ministers. Registration is required for each program, but participation in previous programs is not a prerequisite to registration for the current program. Details on how and when to register are included in each program announcement.